Guide to Buying Parasols
Do you have an outdoor seating area in your garden or does your business provide customers with an outdoor space? If so you should provide shade - and parasols are the easiest and least expensive way to do so. When shopping for parasols, look for these features:
1. Frames for parasols are made from either aluminium or wood. Aluminium is lighter in weight and can last longer than wood.
2. Parasols open up using either a crank or a pulley system. So its best to know which opening system will work best for you.
3. Parasols are either straight fixed or come with a tilt option to change the direction of the canopy as the sun moves around.
4. Size is one of the most important features of a parasol. You'll need to consider the size of the table or area that you want to shade. Parasol canopies need to be larger than the table underneath in order to provide adequate shade.
5. Canopy fabrics come in different materials and colours. If the parasol will be used frequently, its best to invest in a weather resistant UV fabric, this protects the person underneath and helps keep the canopy colour from fading.